IFTF updated the Foresight Engine (TM) platform with brand new technology for the futures games of 2016. We have added features such as mobile card play and big build card data visualization and many other features!
- This included recent focused improvements for speed and performance upgrades from February’s massive Envision UCDavis game (with over 24k futures played).
- Just like the speed of innovation and the evolution of most new social technologies—much like life and the future—unforeseen things can always happen.
- While we have the utmost confidence in our platform certain dynamics come with the success of lots of engagement and we could still break our games in new ways because of things we don’t yet understand.
Again—it is new technology AND it is a game and a social experiment. We encourage all players to approach our games with a relaxed, playful, and patient mindset.
When thinking about the future we always encourage those who co-think with us to be comfortable with some risk, disruption and uncertainty. (Our colleague, world-famous Game Designer Jane McGonigal, reminded us that all of her biggest successful public games have broken at some point).
We encourage the player whole community to embrace the fragility that comes with gaming and total unexpected success and most of all BE PLAYFUL!
A Few Tips:
- PLAY EARLY. Game starts at 9 am (CST) on March 8 and runs for 36 hours only. For best results we recommend playing early.
- PLAY FROM TWITTER. If you find that there are breaks, time outs or application errors, people can always play cards via Twitter with the game #LearnPositive and #LearnShadow hashtags.
- REMEMBER, Be patient, gameful and playful.